Friday, October 4, 2013

The End of the Saga of the Wood Paneled Shower: The Final Reveal

IT IS FINISHED. The Saga, that is.

The shower curtain is up. The sink doesn't drip. The shower works. The floor is gorgeous. There's a door. And the best part? It looks like it could have come out of this house in 1910.

This project has been a heck of a run. It was perfectly project planned for a 3-4 week (including contingencies) restoration. I even took vacation.

3 months later, it's complete, functional and beautiful. The Roommates (and my friend Todd) are sitting with me and agreeing with every word I type here.

As I covered in Part I of The Reveal, there were a lot of steps and surprises and a lot of help received from friends and contractors through this.

All of these things come down to what you lovely readers really care about. The finished product.



 
 
 
You'll notice a couple of things I didn't feature specifically in other posts.
 
The paint and beadboard meet in a perfectly level line and let me use my new nail gun. I found the storage tower next to the sink on Craiglist for about 40% of retail cost. The mirror was a second try (the first one required patching rather large holes in the wall after brackets broke in the lath) but I think it ended up nicely. The sink was also a Craiglist find for about 30% of retail and the faucet cost me a grand total of $9 instead of the $250 retail price tag.
 
I'm happy with it. The Roommates are happy with it. I can't wait to have guests! And now, I need to find my next project. Stay tuned for next week's post!

1 comment:

  1. AMEN! It looks amazing!!!!! BTW, is Laura considered a friend or a contractor? ;)

    ReplyDelete